His areas of expertise include surgical fixation of complex extremity fracture, the pelvis and acetabulum, nonunion, malunion, deformity, osteomyelitis (infection of the bone), and severe soft tissue injury. Dr. Flinn also continues to treat a variety of general orthopaedic conditions, such as arthritis, sports injuries, hand problems and other musculoskeletal conditions.
Dr. Flinn is on staff at Inland Valley Medical Center, Rancho Springs Medical Center, Temecula Valley Hospital, Loma Linda Murrieta, and Golden Triangle Surgery Center.
Dr. Flinn accepts patients with Medicare, Tricare, Workers Compensation Insurance, most PPO plans, Regal Medical Group, Tri Valley Medical Group and Valley Physicians Network HMOs.
When away from work Dr. Flinn enjoys time with his wife and two children. He enjoys spending time at the beach and in the mountains. He is also an avid UCLA sports fan and is excited to have returned to southern California where he grew up
- California, Michigan and Nevada Osteopathic Physician Licenses
- California, Michigan and Nevada Controlled Substance Licenses
- Active DEA License
- 2021 - Scientific Paper Research Award in Pediatrics, American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopaedics
- 2019 - Scientific Paper Research Award in Trauma, American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopaedics
- 2012, 2013 - Translating Osteopathic Understanding through Community Health (TOUCH) Award
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association, Candidate Member
- AOTrauma North America
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Medical Association
- Flinn DC, Gurnea T, Gonzalez M, Dobrich J, Shul C, Althausen P. High Value Tibial Nail Utilization Improves Cost Without Compromising Outcomes: Experience at a Level II Trauma Center. Journal of Orthopaedic Experience and Innovation. In Press.
- Flinn DC, Gurnea T, Althausen P. Financial Impact of the surgical treatment of infection on the practice of orthopaedic trauma. Journal of Orthopaedic Business. 2021 June;1(1):1-3.
- Smith AC, Flinn DC, Jang Y, Faulkner AM, Dinnan KA. Traumatic Hemipelvectomy with a Contralateral Unstable Pelvis and Acetabular Fracture: A Case Report and Review of the Literature. JBJS Case Connect. 2017 JulSept;7(3):e52. PMID: 29252882
- Flinn DC, Gurnea T, Althausen P. Financial Impact of the surgical treatment of infection on the practice of orthopaedic trauma. Nevada Orthopaedic Society Annual Meeting 2021.
- Flinn DC, Molinari ASL, Faulkner AM, Jang Y. The Importance of quality intraoperative lateral radiographs to evaluate appropriate starting point of trochanteric entry Cephalomedullary nails. AOAO Spring annual 2020
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association Resident Fracture Course 2021, Fort Worth, TX